Transdermal magnesium and magnesium baths increase magnesium in the body. Applying transdermal magnesium oil to the legs before bed works not only on the legs, but feeds the entire nervous system, helping to relax us and reset our nervous system to a less anxious and depressed tone.
If you're not in New York, there are good time release magnesium supplements. Jigsaw makes a good product, called Magnesium w/SRT.
If you are in New York, floating at La Casa is the best way of suffusing the body with high levels of magnesium. When you float, you are submerging your body in 800 pounds of Epsom salts. Epsom salt (which is not actually a salt at all) is a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate which has shown great healing properties, and, like vitamin D, is readily absorbed into the skin.
La Casa’s BioMat, which emits far-infrared waves as well as negative ions, is also a solution. The BioMat heats up, gently increasing blood flow by expanding capillary blood action. Oxygenation and regeneration of the blood occurs, thus detoxifying the blood. Reduction of pain, swelling and inflammation in the knees and legs is a common response from this healing application. It works particularly well for restless legs and weak knee conditions, and can be used for varicose veins, as well.
La Casa has use of the BioMat available in both the Bio-Colonic, as a stand alone therapy, and, additionally, as part of the Unlimited Membership Club.
You are also (most likely) deficient in D 3
This is the only vitamin the body is able to manufacture from the sun. Because of indoor lighting, and the extensive use of sunscreens because of (ill-conceived) concerns about skin cancer, we are now a society with millions of people deficient in this health-sustaining vitamin (which actually functions as a hormone).
Vitamin D affects 10% of the 25,000 genes in the body, which is why it has been implicated in so many diseases. Having vitamin D serum levels in the 40-60 ng/ml range creates optimal health. Yet, It is estimated that as much as 75-80% of the world’s population is below the 40 ng/ml range. The incidence and progression of many cancers are beneficially affected by sufficient vitamin D. During the winter, vitamin D levels can drop as much as 50%.
D3 deficiency is present in the following conditions:
• Back Pain
• Bone Loss
• Cognitive Dysfunction
• Almost all cancers
• Multiple sclerosis
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Crohn's disease
• Renal failure
• Diabetes, both Type I and Type II
• Poor physical fitness The Benefits of D 3 (besides preventing those diseases) are:
• Improves energy and libido
• Prevents flu and most infections
• Essential in reversing osteoporosis
• Stimulates a healthy immune system
• Provides a healthy cardiovascular system
• Gives a healthy prostate
• Provides the proper level of white blood cells
• Creates luminescent skin
• Deceases risk of infection
• Elavates mood
• Increases production of collagen, elastin and enzymes
• Improves permeability of membrane of skin, increasing effectiveness of skincare products
• Increases hydration, skin retains moisture better
Of course, there are tons of vitamin D supplements available. But using a tanning/vitamin D light is a better alternative. Dermal absorption of Vitamin D is better absorbed by the skin than oral supplementation. Your skin is designed to tan. One of the functions of tanning (and sun exposure) is the regulation of Vitamin D. Tanning units are available on Dr. Mercola's website for home use, and they are not terribly expensive.
The tanning/ Vitamin D unit that La Casa uses is one called the Sunsplash. It is the only unit recommended by Dr. Mercola.
The Sunsplash unit gives:
• Full spectrum light, giving a natural tan
• Red light, puts collagen in skin surface, filling in wrinkles, helping to reverse the appearance of aging
• White light, strengthens the walls of blood vessels in skin, improving oxygenation and hydration
• Blue light, gives skin a healthy glow
• All the lights together, give a surfeit of vitamin D.
If you live in New York, join our Unlimited Membership Club, and instead of paying the hefty fee of $50 for each session, you pay $109 for as many tanning sessions as you want for a whole month, in addition to 10 other self-administered therapie